EUROVISION 2022. The international singing competition will take place live from Turin this Saturday 14 May 2022. Candidates, favorites, bookmakers, let’s summarize everything you need to know.
- Eurovision airs tonight, Saturday May 14, 2022. The European singing competition airs live on France 2 from 9pm.
- Who are the candidates of Eurovision 2022? We will find 25 countries on the Turin stage on Saturday evening. Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Sweden qualified for the last semifinal. They join Switzerland, Armenia, Iceland, Lithuania, Portugal, Norway, Greece, Ukraine, Moldova and the Netherlands, as well as members of the Big Five who have already qualified (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom), in the final .
- Ukraine is the favorite for Eurovision 2022. According to the forecasts of the bookmakers, Ukraine has a good chance of being crowned winner this year thanks to the song “Stefania” by the Kalesh Orchestra group. Due to the invasion of the country, Russia was excluded from the competition this year.
- Who are the candidates from France? The Alvan & Ahez group was chosen during the competition Eurovision France: you decide represent France at Eurovision. These Breton singers will perform the song “Fullen” (“spark” or “girl” in Breton) on the Turin stage. Bookmakers do not expect a good ranking for France and our representatives. We would have less than a 1% chance of winning and finish in 16th place, according to the predictions on the eve of the competition. We wait to see if these bets will be verified with the final ranking which will be known in a few hours.
07:05 – Ukraine preferred by bookmakers
Before Eurovision, bookmakers were betting to guess which country would come out the winner. Due to the current political context, bettors can easily imagine Ukraine winning the international singing competition by scoring many points from other countries. This year, Ukraine is represented by the rapper group Kalush Orchestra.
06:44 – Listen to “Fullen”, the French song for Eurovision
Alvan & Ahez will defend France at Eurovision thanks to the “Fullen” title. In Breton, this word means both “sparkle” and “beautiful girl”, the latter word which could have the connotation of “light girl”. “We wanted to take this expression on the wrong foot and bring an emancipatory speech for women. We sing the story of a young girl who goes to dance at nightfall around a bonfire, takes everyone with her, rejecting slanderous looks “, specifies Marine Lavigne, one of the three young women of the group, in an interview with AFP Listen following the title that Alvan & Ahez will sing tonight on the Eurovision stage.
06:32 – Who are the French candidates for Eurovision?
On March 5, the “Eurovision France: you decide” program nominated the French candidate for Eurovision. The Breton group Alvan & Ahez was chosen for the occasion as the tricolor flag bearer. This group consists of Alvan, Marine, Stereen D. and Stereen. They met in 2021 and quickly formed their own group, performing their lyrics at Breton festivals.
06:14 – Where and when to watch Eurovision?
Eurovision takes place in Turin this Saturday, May 14, 2022. The event is broadcast live on France 2 from 21:00. So just go to the second channel, or stream on the france.tv site, to follow the evening live.
06:00 – Eurovision will take place tonight
It’s the big day: Eurovision is back for the 2022 edition. The final of the International Singing Competition will be broadcast live from Turin this Saturday, May 14, 2022. The most loyal fans of the event have already been able to discover the candidates and their various performances during the semifinals broadcast a few days earlier.
Eurovision 2022 marks the beginning of May. The final will take place in Turin, this Saturday, May 14, 2022. In France, the event can be followed on France 2 from 21:00. Previously, two semi-finals made it possible to select twenty candidate countries for the final. They took place on Tuesday 10 May 2022 and Thursday 12 May 2022, a few days before meeting the winner of this 66th edition.
France is represented by the Breton group Alvan and Ahez at Eurovision 2022. The members of this formation are four: the female trio Ahez Marine Lavigne, Sterenn Diridollou and Sterenn Le Guillou and the musician Alexis Morvan-Rosius, known as Alvan. They were selected on March 5, during the “Eurovision France: you decide” program. The tricolor group performs the song “Fulenn” on the Turin stage, which in Breton means both “spark” and “beautiful girl”. It is since 1977 and since the victory of Marie Myriam that France has not won Eurovision.
We do not yet know the Eurovision 2022 ranking. Last year the Italian group Maneskin won the singing competition with 524 points, saved mainly by the votes of the public. He was ahead of France and Barbara Pravi (2nd with 499 points) and Switzerland (3rd, 432 points) on the podium. The top of the standings was completed by Iceland (378 points), Ukraine (364 points) and Finland (301 points). Below, you will find the latest Eurovision ranking in detail.
- Italy (524 points)
- France (499 points)
- Switzerland (432 points)
- Iceland (378 points)
- Ukraine (364 points)
- Finland (301 points)
- Malta (255 points)
- Lithuania (220 points)
- Russia (204 points)
- Greece (170 points)
- Bulgaria (170 points)
- Portugal (153 points)
- Moldova (115 points)
- Sweden (109 points)
- Serbia (102 points)
- Cipre (94 points)
- Israel (93 points)
- Norway (75 points)
- Belgium (74 points)
- Azerbaijan (65 points)
- Albania (57 points)
- Saint-Marin (50 points)
- Netherlands (11 points)
- Spain (6 points)
- Germany (3 points)
- the United Kingdom (0 points)