There are only two options left in 2022 for those who want to enjoy that break of up to four days: Corpus Christi (June 16, a Thursday) and the Proclamation of the Republic holiday (November 15, a Tuesday). There is still time to plan trips for both occasions, but each has its own specifics.
or g1 spoke with Mariana Aldrigui, president of the Tourism Council of Fecomércio de SP and a tourism researcher at USP, to find out what are the tips for those who want to enjoy the dates. Look down:
Corpus Domini (optional point)
Contrary to what many think, Body of Christ It is not a national holiday. The date is usually considered an optional point in federal public service and is a state or municipal holiday in some places, which is why many people consider this a long “holiday”. So, the first tip is to check how it will be in your city / work.
1. Is it still worth thinking about traveling by plane?
In addition to Corpus Christi less than 1 month away, traveling to faraway places is not the best option for June, as the Air fares are experiencing frequent increases due to the constant rise in fuel prices.
- The airline’s price increases by 19% in one year
- How to find cheap tickets
“There is both an increase in the price of fuel and the price of the dollar. Airplane fuel, for example, increases the base price and is charged in dollars. It is as if it were raised twice in one article,” explains Mariana. Aldrigui.
Airfare – Photo: Eva Darron / unplash
If you want to give up the June day off e enjoy the celebration of the Proclamation of the Republicprices in November will be more attractive.
If you don’t want to stop flying to Corpus Christi, even if you pay dearly, the Northeastern beaches, for example, are good options for those who want to escape the cold and because they are not in the high season, unlike destinations such as Campos do Jordão (SP), Gramado (RS) and others.
“It is a holiday where we do not see many families who go to the beach because it is a period of the end of the semester and because there are a lot of people studying”.
“Natal, Fortaleza, the coast of Bahia and Lençóis Maranhenses have quite interesting attractions for this time of year. It is worth looking at the northeast as a whole. And the more flight options the place has, the easier it is to find better prices. . there is only one flight, then it ends up being more expensive, “says the researcher.
2. Do you pay for international travel?
Mariana says buying a travel package in advance is less a matter of logistics and more of a budget. One month before the end, it is possible, for example, to search for destinations in neighboring countries. However, the prices will not be the lowest as it is high season in these places.
“For those who love winter trips, it is a good time to go to Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, especially to enjoy the cold and the gastronomy. But it is not common to have low prices out of the blue. The closer the date, of course , the more it costs. “, he says.
for those who want to travel for the United States or Europe, the expectation is that, starting from June, the values will be higher and higher for the arrival of summer.
“This is a year in which all restrictions, such as mandatory mask and Covid tests, are lifted. Analysts point out that it must be the most expensive and crowded summer in Europe and the southern region of the United States. [Flórida]”, underlines Mariana.
“The price of the flight from Brazil to Europe will now be double what it will be in November because the demand is high and the timetables are very interesting.”
3. What if I went by car or bus?
Even if fuel is expensive, the situation is not the same as for airline tickets if the person plans to travel 200 to 300 kilometers from where they are.
In this case, some hotels in non-peak season destinations (such as those on the beach) may also offer promotions if you’re looking for a month to go. “And then these promotions offset the high value of the fuel,” says the expert.
To save more, instead of staying in a more expensive hotel, people can look for a simpler inn, reduce the days they go out to eat … “Changing this arrangement a little ends up paying off. you enjoy it “, he teaches.
Proclamation of the Republic
The next official national holiday is November 15, the date that marks the proclamation of the Republic. Being a Tuesday, the amendment depends on the rules of each company or institution. And don’t forget that the date is almost a month before Christmas and New Year.
1. Is it worth traveling before the holidays?
“For those who want to make a purchase, for example, traveling in November pays because the prices are lower. Planning now, six months ahead, is a great time. “says Mariana. “And the economists’ recommendation is that, given that we are in a year of political and economic uncertainty, we can pay in installments and redistribute spending “.
2. What about the impact of the World Cup?
The researcher also states that, since there will be a World Cup (from 21 November to 18 December, in Qatar), the advantage of enjoying the destinations in November is much greater than in December.
“In December Brazil only plays on weekdays and clubs have to combine holidays and amendments. Prices will likely increase depending on the combination with the World Cup and the end of the year. Traveling in November can be convenient for this reason, because you will avoid the big boy from the group who wants to enjoy the holidays and the beach, “he says.
3. What are the best destinations?
Mariana says the beaches are still good options, as the high season only starts in December.
- The best beaches in the world to visit in 2022
“In November we have the Northeast, but it is already possible to go to the beaches in the south of the country or to the coast of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. So you will find many packages, especially considering the purchasing power of families, in direct purchase all inside Brazil, not abroad “.
4. When should I buy airfare and accommodation?
Despite the constant adjustments, it is advisable to buy the air ticket in the first semesterto find better prices and be able to pay in installments.
“If you save part of the value of the trip, it is worth paying in installments. In addition to leaving a part paid, on return it is less burdensome with the extra expenses that you will have, such as shopping and food. This is used in the planning criterion and many agencies and services are dividing up to 10 installments for clients, ”says Mariana.
Three Brazilian beaches are among the top ten to travel to in 2022
Regardless of when you plan to travel, there are important planning tips. Researcher Mariana and Luiz Trigo, professor of tourism at the USP, listed the most important:
- Budget for all types of expenses, such as transportation, accommodation, food, and attractions;
- Choose the type of trip you want: a destination without many people on the street or in a hotel, or with crowded cities?
- Look for places while also thinking about your companions. if you are planning to bring children, for example, checking if there will be a recreational and safe option;
- If you want to take the animal, see if it will be safe and possible to take care of it.
- Look for what the weather will be like to do the planned activity and also to know what kind of clothes to bring.
- Search for accommodation based on traveler profiles. To choose the place, you need to consider whether you will be a child, an elderly person, a pet.
- Before booking, review the price, quality, location and safety. Good places put all the information. More info, photos and map, the place is safe.
- A very different promotion and much lower than the price deserves attention, as it can hide an unpleasant surprise, such as hotels in unsafe neighborhoods that differ from the published images;
- When booking, please keep your receipt and call with any questions.
- If you are traveling by car, it is important to maintain the vehicle and also to avoid driving at night in unfamiliar places;
- If you are flying, buy tickets on reputable websites, such as those of the airlines themselves or that have security seals, privacy policies and contact information.
- If possible, buy airline tickets at least one month in advance. If you have a problem, you are more likely to fix it. You also need to arrive early at the airport and be aware of health care;
- If you go by bus, always look for the location of the bus station that will disembark to find out if you will need another means of transport. Book days in advance to avoid the surprise of finding the bus full;
- If you are planning to rent a car at your destination, be clear what the final value will be. It ends up being beneficial when traveling with friends and for shorter distances.
- Review the entire package and see if it includes any fares, such as airline boarding fees and service charges offered at the accommodation. The value is calculated per day.
Travel Luggage – Photo: Pixabay / Reproduction